Understanding your eye shape is important to maximize the effect of your eye makeup. It helps knowing how to make your face look like the best version of itself, and not trying to do the trends of the moment because not all trends are appropriate for your face. If you are blessed with a pair of almond-shaped eyes, well, you are lucky! As they are oval and narrow with pointed ends, almond eyes makeup is extremely easy to nail. This eye shape’s symmetry makes it versatile and easy to flatter with various looks. Our eye makeup plays a very important role in binding our whole look together. So, you should not avoid something as important as your eye makeup while getting ready for an outing. Keep reading to know more about enhancing almond eyes with makeup tips and tricks. Scroll down!
- Solid Eyeshadow Shades: Solid Eyeshadow Shades Due to the limited eyelid area, a single solid color, preferably lighter shades, best compliment almond eyes.
- Bright Lower Lash Line: Solid Eyeshadow Shades You may experiment with vibrant shades of eyeliner on your lower lash line to make your look pop.
- Avoid: Solid Eyeshadow Shades Heavy liner looks and multiple contrasting eyeshadow shades.
- Ideal Trends: Solid Eyeshadow Shades Winged, cat, and fox eyeliner, smokey eye and cut crease eyeshadows, lifted and furry brows, and smudged lower lash lines.
Almond Eyes Makeup Tutorial
Makeup looks best when it is customized according to your features, especially when it comes to your eyes. It’s always great to have tricks and techniques up your sleeve to do your makeup as this can make a world of a difference to how your look eventually turns out. Here’s what you need to know.
What You Need
- Eye primer
- Eyeshadow palette
- Eyeshadow brush
- Eyelash curler
- Nude kohl liner
A neutral eye pallet will be most flattering, you never want to have bright bold colors for going to a business meeting or out for dinner. The colors should not be over the face. Opt for eyeliner in brown or plum for the day and dark brown or black for the evening. It is recommended to brush the brows up and out with a brush and a brow gel to keep them in place. Fill in the brows with a shadow or a brow pencil.
How To Do Makeup For Almond-Shaped Eyes: Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures
Before you begin your eye makeup, you can choose to finish off your foundation. It’s also a good idea to cover any dark under-eye circles with concealer.
Step 1: Prep Your Eyes
Make sure your eyelids are clean before applying an eye primer like the Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer. It helps to lock on color and makes your eye makeup last longer.
Step 2: Apply A Light Eyeshadow
Sweep a light shade of eyeshadow across your eyelids to create an even base. This step will help create even more depth since it highlights the natural contours of your almond-shaped eyes. You can use any neutral shade from a palette of your choice. Here, we’re using the shade M3 from Smashbox’s Full Exposure Palette, which has a versatile range of both matte and shimmer shades to help you create a neutral or a dramatic and glamorous look.
Step 3: Create A Sideways V-Shape Towards The Outer Corners
For contouring and defining, use a slightly darker shade like M6. Create a sideways V-shape along the upper lash line and the crease line. This step will help you elongate your eye shape and enhance their perfect symmetry. Don’t be intimidated to try a different color or if it is heavier than normal, you can always blend it with a brush, or wipe it off with a Q-tip. Nothing is permanent and there is no right or wrong.
Step 4: Accentuate The Outer Corners Of Your Eyes
Next, accentuate the outer corner of your eye with a dark shimmer shade like S7. This will add some dramatic definition to your almond eyes and give them that slight sultry and exotic look. Apply the eyeshadow only to the outer corners to make your eyes pop even more.
Step 5: Finish With Mascara
Finish the look with two coats of mascara. Make sure you curl your lashes before applying your mascara and concentrate on the outer lashes. This will really open up your eye shape and create a perfect wide-eyed look.
Pro Tip: You can also add a nude waterproof kohl liner to the inner rim of your eyes as this will instantly make your eyes look wider and brighter. Using a white liner on the water line will make the whites of your eyes brighter. Makeup artists and those who work in the fashion industry especially recommend this trick if you’ve had a late night and an early morning to refresh your eyes.
Here’s the final look!
Now that you have a fair idea of how to enhance and work with shadows on your gorgeous almond-shaped eyes, we’ve got a bunch of hacks to help you master the art of makeup for your eye shape.
Almond Eyes Makeup Tips And Tricks You Absolutely Need To Know
- To perfect the winged or cat-eye eyeliner look, remember this simple tip – your wing should be a continuation of your waterline for the most flattering flick.
- If you want to open up your eyes while doing a smoky eye, apply your pencil eyeliner only to the center of your lower lid and blend it outward. This will look extremely beautiful as opposed to drawing a solid line that goes all the way to the outer edges. A very thin line of shadow from the inner of the corner to the liner will connect them and it will also correct any mistake you made with the liner.
- Properly groomed brows are absolutely essential to frame everything! Besides, nothing complements your eye shape and makeup like a pair of killer eyebrows.
- Avoid applying a thick line of eyeliner on both your top and bottom lash line. This will make your eyes look smaller.
- If you want to achieve a simple look for the day, use medium brown or deep bronze eyeshadows. Complementary tones like a subtle pink and purple also work well on almond-shaped eyes for a daytime look.
- If your almond eyes lean towards the smaller side, you can make them look bigger by applying a cream-colored pencil eyeliner to your lower waterline. Also, enhancing the crease with a medium eyeshadow helps create dimension and makes your eyes look wider.
- If your almond eyes lean towards the smaller side, you can make them look bigger by applying a cream-colored pencil eyeliner to your lower waterline. Not adding shadow to the crease will make the eyes bigger.
- Curling your lashes is a total game-changer! It is necessary to use a high-quality eyelash curler that works well for your eye shape. For almond eyes, we recommend trying the Tweezerman Innovative ProMaster Lash Curler. Your strays won’t escape with this one, and it will seamlessly amp all your lashes in one go. This is a must-try for almond and deep set eyes.
- To help make almond eyes look bigger, you can also use a shimmery light eyeshadow in the inner corners of your eyes. This will also make you look more awake and refreshed.
- For the perfect liquid eyeliner wing, take a pigmented liner and press it into the lash line while you follow your natural shape. Make sure your line is thin towards the inner corners and intensify the thickness as you move towards the outer corners. For extra drama, add some glitter to draw attention to your eyes.
Infographic: 5 Easy Steps To Make Your Almond-Shaped Eyes Pop
Following an eye makeup trend is easy when you know what complements your eyes. Doing eye makeup for almond eyes is fairly easy and can look downright gorgeous. If you are looking for a tutorial, you have come to the right place. Check out the infographic below to learn more!
Celebrities like Eva Longoria, Mila Kunis, and Beyonce are blessed with almond-shaped eyes. This eye shape is genuinely versatile. With the cosmetics tips for almond-shaped eyes we shared, you can make them pop. Do not hold yourself back from experimenting with different styles. You can try a variety of eye makeup looks, including winged liner, smokey eyes, and cat eyes to bring out the beauty of your almond-shaped eyes and make them look elegant. So, let your creative juices flow, and allow yourself to steal the show.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can almond-shaped eyes be hooded?
Yes. Here, a small flap of skin under each eyebrow forms a visible crease, and your iris touches the bottom and top of your eyelid.
Which eyeliner shape is best for almond eyes?
Both winged and cat-eye eyeliner shapes, either subtle or dramatic, look great on almond eyes. Also using a creamy shadow and mascara will be lovely for a day outing without looking overly made up.
How do you make almond-shaped eyes pop?
Accentuate your almond-shaped eyes by highlighting the inner corners, applying a darker smudged color towards the outer side, opting for a cat-eye, and curling your lashes.
- Use a light eyeshadow shade as a base to add more depth to your almond eyes.
- Follow your waterline for a perfect winged eyeliner for your almond eyes.
- Line your lower waterline with a cream liner pencil to make your eyes look bigger.
- Use a shimmer eyeshadow on your inner corners to brighten your eyes.
Uncover the secrets of making perfect eye makeup happen for almond-shaped eyes. The trips and tricks in this video will make your eyes look absolutely stunning. Hit the play button!
The post Almond Eyes Makeup: Tips & Tutorial if you like this post then share this post with your friends and family