Ozone treatment for hair is extremely popular and helps prevent hair loss and maintain overall hair health. Trioxygen or Ozone(O3) is an inorganic substance. It is a blue-colored, pungent-smelling gas and a highly unstable allotrope of oxygen. It exists naturally in the atmosphere encircling the globe as a protective covering that collects and prevents harmful solar radiation from reaching the earth’s surroundings.
This gas can be collected from the air, created artificially using chemicals, or synthesized in a lab. Ozone protects people from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays. It is also essential for the planet’s survival and has several industrial, commercial, agricultural, pharmaceutical, and treatment uses across the globe (1).
Ozone is used to manufacture sanitizers, disinfectants, insecticides, fabric care items, water bottles, halogens, air filters, and medical products. It is also used for beauty benefits like ozone therapy and spa treatments.
Ozone therapy is an alternative medical treatment that is used to treat certain medical conditions like diabetes, heart ailments, slip disc in the spine, eye problems, Parkinson diseasei XA disorder of the central nervous system that affects movements, often causing tremors due to low dopamine levels. , dental cavities, skin and hair problems, and even cancer (2).
This therapy is hugely popular in Europe and is based on the fundamental property of instability of the ozone molecule containing three oxygen atoms and the resultant high oxidation capacity. It basically involves injecting of ozone into the body after blending it with other liquids and gases.
Ozone Treatment for Hair and Scalp
- Ozone therapy for hair has widely been acknowledged for its effectiveness in treating damaged hair and scalp problems like dandruff, hair fall, hair thinning and hair damage (3). These hair problems are mainly caused due to factors like ageing, hormonal imbalance, poor hair care, unhealthy diet, illnesses and infections, genetic traits, pollution and other external factors, which generally dehydrate or infect the scalp to further weaken and damage the hair follicles.
- Ozone with its unstable molecule containing three oxygen atoms has high oxidising properties and releases free oxygen radicals on being injected in any part of the body like the scalp.
- The scalp and hair on being infused with ozone get oxidised leading to the formation of peptones on the hair shaft located in the middle of the strands.
- A protective layer, like the ozone layer guarding the earth’s atmosphere, is formed over each hair strand by peptones that safe guard the hair from breakage, damage and fall. This treatment is provided with the help of machines, combs, ozone creams etc in salons, spas, clinics and by dermatologists.
Benefits of Ozone Hair Treatment:
- On coming in contact with the roots of the hair strands, ozone rejuvenates and fortifies the hair follicles to strengthen and nourish the hair and improve scalp health. This therapy improves blood circulation, provides hair rejuvenation, and eliminates any microbial infection present in the scalp and hair.
- O3 therapy not only treats problems or hair breakage, thinning and loss but it also helps to treat other graver issues like psoriasisi XAn autoimmune condition that causes rashes and inflammation of the skin, often triggered by cold or stress. , Seborrheic dermatitisi XA skin condition that causes scaly, red patches on the skin, especially on the scalp and other oily areas of the body. , balding and alopecia.
- It adds volume and density to the hair, repairs and reconstructs the strands like treating and eliminating the problem of split ends, and controls frizzy hair to make it more manageable. It provides a hair-conditioning effect for the hair.
- It stabilizes the scalp and treats dandruff issues, aids in regeneration of new hair, promotes hair growth and thus helps to create smooth, soft, radiant and beautiful tresses.
- Ozone is good for color-treated hair as the peptones strengthen the bonds between the hair strands and color dye to protect the hair color, make it last longer while adding luster to the locks and improving hair thickness.
- Ozone can have highly toxic and damaging effects on the body if injected in excess quantities.
- Small and regulated amount of ozone is sufficient for the therapy and O3 therapy should preferably be conducted on the advice and guidance of a dermatologist or healthcare practitioner while primarily keeping in mind the health condition of the person opting for the treatment like this therapy is not advisable for pregnant and breast feeding women, people with severe skin allergies etc.
Infographic: 5 Significant Benefits Of Ozone Hair Treatment
Ozone treatment for hair not only protects your hair from UV damage but also treats hair and scalp issues like dry hair, dandruff, thinning, and split ends. It is also a highly cost-effective procedure that rejuvenates and fortifies the hair follicles and nourishes the scalp to restore and retain the appearance of your hair and the health of your scalp. It can also improve hair texture and hair density. The treatment offers many benefits, but it is mainly done to improve blood circulation, treat hair and scalp infections and initiate hair growth.
Check out the infographic below to find 5 major benefits of ozone treatment for hair.
The effectiveness of ozone treatment for hair quickly gained recognition worldwide. It prevents hair loss and maintains the overall health of the hair. Although the ozone treatment for hair is useful in treating scalp and hair problems, it might have adverse effects if used in excess. Therefore, this treatment should only be attempted with the help of a professional. An experienced and competent dermatologist should be consulted, and the treatment should only be followed up on prior recommendations. The good news is that if you receive approval for this treatment, it will be a one-time investment of both time and money. The treatment is highly successful and addresses a wide range of difficulties.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does ozone regrow hair?
Yes. Ozone therapy reduces hair fall and stimulates hair growth. If you don’t notice any hair growth where hair loss has occurred, please consult a trichologisti XA specialist who studies problems associated with hair and scalp and specializes in the treatment of associated conditions. as it might be an underlying medical condition causing the hair loss.
Does oxygen therapy work for hair loss?
Oxygen therapy is an alternative to ozone therapy. It can be used to treat hair loss conditions effectively (4).
Can an ozone treatment be done at home, or does it need to be done by a professional?
An ozone treatment should be done by a professional. It is not recommended to attempt it at home, as it can be dangerous if not properly conducted.
How does the ozone treatment compare to other hair treatments, such as keratin or protein treatments?
Keratin and protein treatments add nutrients to the hair, but ozone treatments use ozone gas to purify and detoxify the hair and scalp.
Is the ozone treatment recommended for people with scalp psoriasis or eczema?
It is not recommended for those with scalp psoriasis or eczema as it may aggravate the symptoms of these conditions and cause further scalp irritation.
How does the ozone treatment work to remove impurities from the hair and scalp?
The ozone treatment introduces ozone gas to the hair and scalp that helps eliminate bacteria, viruses, and other impurities. The gas breaks down impurities, making them easier to remove.
Are there any age restrictions or limitations on who can undergo the ozone treatment for hair?
There are no specific age restrictions or limitations for the ozone treatment. However, It may not be suitable for certain hair types or conditions. Consult a professional to determine if it is appropriate for your hair.
- Ozone therapy may protect the hair color and make it last longer.
- This therapy may help reduce hair damage, and hair fall and eliminate dandruff.
- Ozone therapy makes hair look voluminous and may help reduce split ends and frizz.
- It may help increase hair growth and makes tresses soft and smooth.
Discover the amazing benefits of ozone therapy for hair loss treatment with this informative video. Check it out to learn how this revolutionary therapy can help restore your hair!
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance. Read our editorial policy to learn more.
The post Benefits Of Ozone Treatment For Hair if you like this post then share this post with your friends and family