Blue-black hair is the infinity stone of hair colors! This hair color has become a huge trend in recent times. There are multiple shades of this color that women love to sport. Here are the 20 best ones.
How To Choose A Shade: Go for denim or navy blue black if you have a warm skin tone and go for icy or purple blue black if you have a cool skin tone.
Level Of Maintenance: Low to medium
Suitable For: All skin tones and hair lengths
Looks Best With: Smokey eyes and pink or purple lipstick
How To Get Blue Black Hair
1. Bleach Your Hair
- If you have dark hair, you will need to bleach it to get the exact color you want. With dark hair, the dye might not appear the way it would on light hair. So, lighten your hair to get the accurate color. A bleaching kit will come with a set of rules; be sure to follow them accurately.
- If you want highlights or a balayage, then use foils to keep the colored hair from getting mixed with your natural hair.
- If you have any leftover dye in your hair, use a color remover. A color remover takes away the added color pigments, leaving you with your natural hair color.
- Use a deep-cleansing shampoo to help clean your hair from any hair buildup or leftover dye.
- Deep condition your hair. It helps moisturize and nourish your hair.
2. Dye Your Hair
Before you start to dye your hair, remember to protect your skin. Apply some petroleum jelly on the skin closest to your hair. This will prevent your skin from getting stained. Also, use gloves while applying the dye. Wear old clothes as the dye might stain them as well. Last but not the least, make sure you have the right hair color you want. Hair dye comes with a set of instructions, and if you follow them correctly, you should get the desired color. Also, if this is the first time you’re dyeing your hair, make sure to do a patch test first.
- Wash your hair with shampoo; do not use conditioner.
- Mix the dye as per the instructions given on the dye box.
- Apply the dye to your hair as you desire. If you’re applying it all over your hair, remember to start at the ends. Otherwise, your roots will be a different color (unless that is the look you want).
- Coat your hair with the dye section wise, applying it thoroughly.
- Use hair clips to section off the other parts of hair while doing this. If you merely want to highlight your hair, then use foils to keep the colored hair covered and away from your uncolored hair.
- After this, let the dye sit for as long as mentioned on the hair dye pack. Using a shower cap or a plastic cover (material that cannot absorb the dye), cover your dyed hair and leave it. It always helps to have a timer set so you can read or do some other work.
- Rinse your hair with cold water. If the dye pack comes with a shampoo and conditioner, then use that shampoo and conditioner. Otherwise, just rinse the color out until the water runs clear. Some stylists say using a vinegar rinse helps keep the shade on for a longer time. Mix equal portions of water and white vinegar and rinse your hair with it, but don’t overdo it.
- Allow your hair to air dry for best results.
However, Sergio Cardona (BSc, FWTS, Trichologist) says, “It is certainly a beautiful trend, but be careful if you are doing it at home. Personally, I recommend having it done at a salon to ensure the desired result. Then you can touch up the blue at home easily every time it fades.”
3. How To Maintain Blue-Black Hair
- Wash your hair a maximum of two times a week. The more you wash your hair, the more the color will fade.
- Use shampoos specially made for colored hair or damaged hair as they will help keep your hair nourished.
- When using conditioner, use cold water as it helps lock the moisture from the conditioner into your hair. Colored hair needs more moisture.
- Use a dry shampoo if you feel you need to clean your hair more than twice a week.
- Stay away from heat styling. Heat treatments can make the color fade fast. Try natural ways of curling or straightening your hair.
- Over time, the color will fade. You will need to touch up your hair color after a month or so. Vibrant colors like blue tend to fade as they aren’t permanent, so you will need to color your hair again.
Now that you know how to color and maintain your hair, here are 20 fantastic blue-black hair
color looks you can take inspiration from.
20 Amazing Blue Black Hair Colors
1. Midnight Blue And Black
This black blue hair color is very debonair. The color along with the layers make for a stunning hairdo.
2. Blue Black Hair
This mix of blue and black leaves us wanting more. This is a perfect example of subtle colors making statements.
3. Light Blue-Black Hair
Light blue-black hair looks amazing! Also, have you ever seen a blue black hair color like this one and not stopped to admire it?
4. Deep Blue Black Hair
Deep blues like navy look mesmerizing. This partial deep blue hairstyle is most certainly on my list.
5. Light Blue Hair With Purple
Blue and purple look so good together, why not try it out on your hair? This hairstyle looks completely starry.
6. Mixed Blue Black Hair
A mix of colors like electric blue and black-blue look fantastic on just anybody. Try highlights if you are not sure about coloring the entire lot.
7. Metallic Blue And Black
This remarkable hair color is one for the books. The metallic blue and black hair color looks elegant.
8. Two Shades Of Blue
Two is better than one! Why stick to one shade of blue when you can rock both? And let’s be honest, those waves with the blue just remind us of the sea! Simply fabulous!
9. Dark Icy Blue Hair
Icy blue-black is one for the books. This mix of blue hair with silver is gorgeous. If you have olive, fair or light skin tones, be sure to try this color out!
10. Light Purple And Blue Hair
I love how the shocks of blue just fade into the purple. This blue-black hair color is lovely!
11. Waves Of Blue Black Hair
You could drown in these waves of blue and black! Dark blue hair with stripes of black in between looks incredible. The two shades of blue used here blend in together so well.
12. Purple Blue Black Hair
The purple blue-black hair is lovely. No matter what your skin complexion is, you can try this hair color.
13. Blue Silver Black
Pure frosted blue hair adds the right amount of chic to your outfit! This color is so subtle that you can even wear it to the office!
14. Frosted Black Blue Hair
The frosted black color is just astounding, and the electric blue highlights take this black blue hair color to another level.
15. Tealish Blue-Black Hair
Hues of blue-green look amazing on olive skinned women. This blue black hair color is sure to turn heads.
16. Blue Undertones
Blue undertones on black hair give you an ethereal-unicorn feel. Subtle but intense depth, these shades are spectacular.
17. Raven Hair
Jet black hair with a blue tint is AM-AH-ZING! This looks incredible, whatever your skin tone.
18. Teal And Light Blue Hair
This balayage is trending all over the world. It looks vibrant and lively – do get this done if your workplace permits it. Beautiful!
19. Pink Purple Blue Black Hair
Nothing can go wrong with this happy mix of colors. Dark waves of pink, purple, and blue look amazing. This blend of colors will look good on all skin tones.
20. Denim Blue Black Hair
The craze of denim black and blue hair is never going to end – at least I am praying it doesn’t! Definitely try this one, it will suit all skin tones.
Infographic: Top 8 Blue-Black Hair Looks
The blue-black blend hairstyle is one of the hottest to emerge on the scene. Don’t you agree? Blue is a color that resonates with almost everyone. It’s the sky, the sea, and everything in between! The combination gives the locks an enchanting, captivating look that can uplift anyone. Check out the infographic below to see the top 8 best ones that we’ve picked out for you.
The blue-black hair color looks super trendy and gives you an edgy appearance. From midnight blue and black to light blue-black hair, shimmer metallic blue and black, and denim blue-black hair, the options are many and amazing, without a doubt. First, however, you need to understand that hair coloring can dry your hair strands. And it is important to give your hair the right care and nourishment. Oil your tresses regularly and drink plenty of water to keep your hair hydrated. Nothing can stop you from rocking the flattering blue-black hues on these healthy tresses!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it hard to maintain blue-black hair?
No, blue-black hair is considered one of the easiest colors to style and maintain. Ensure that you follow a proper hair care routine and use the right products to keep your hair hydrated, shiny, and healthy.
Can you color black hair blue?
Yes, you can color black hair blue. You will have to bleach your black hair to attain the right shade of blue.
What are some complementary haircuts or styles that work well with blue-black hair?
You can go for bobs, lobs, pixie cuts, layers, and different styles of bangs and curls to make sure that your unique and eye-catching hair color gets the attention it deserves.
What should I do if I experience any adverse reactions or allergies to blue-black hair dye?
Wash off your hair dye with a mild cleanser and apply some moisturizing gel or cream to the affected area to soothe the skin.
- To blue-black shade, bleach first and apply the dye to your hair as you like. However, ensure to follow the instructions given in the box.
- Before dyeing your hair, do a patch test.
- The best options are blue undertones, blue silver black, two shades of blue, and midnight blue and black.
- Use shampoos designed specifically for colored hair as they will help keep your hair healthy.
Banner Image Credits: Instagram
Check out this stunning blue-black hair transformation. This video will inspire you to dye your hair into these gorgeous blue-black shades that will make heads turn. Take a look.
The post 20 Amazing Blue Black Hair Color Looks if you like this post then share this post with your friends and family